are all guys just after a one nighter?

• Author
    #12567 |

I really am getting seriously jaded by the entire dating game and wondered whether you can give me some advice.

I'm 24 yo and been going round in circles with dating sites and meeting jerks. These so-called relationships rarely, if ever, last for more than the one dinner date. And I've been on dozens and dozens of them and they all seem to be idiots looking for a one-nighter without any hunt of anything steady.

I've spoken to my girlfriends who are single too. They seem to be going through the same thing. What do you think we're all doing wrong here? It can't be that all men in the world lack feelings and all of them are only looking for a one night fling and move on to the next lady.

What do you think?

• Profile photo of MartinMartin
    Keymaster

I'm sure you're not alone in this situation, Bella. Not by a long shot.

The first area I'd be concerned with is the signals you might be giving off in your dating profile info – you might find you and your girlfriends are either being too vague or the language being used suggests something other than what you really want in a date.

There's a whole lot of guys out there that are looking for exactly what you're looking for. A lot of men don't and aren't looking for one night stands, believe it or not but that's the truth. You and your friends first need to get real clear on what you ARE looking for.

And when you do meet a guy that looks like fitting the bill, don't screw it up with a lack of honesty as well. I know you're probably used to ‘playing the dating game' where everyone seems to keep their cards close to their chest but that will lead to confusion and probably mixed signals – guess where that is likely to lead?

Does any of this make sense to you now, Bella?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.