Hundred Pushups for a New Strength Regime

• Author
    Keymaster
    #2325 |

Okay, the geek is back into and starting again is 100 push ups program.

It’s been a little while since my last training program. Come to think of it, it’s probably been at least 12 months and that probably coincides with Pam’s arrival in Australia. I admit it, I’ve been somewhat distracted as well as getting Pam settled in and life getting generally busy.

100 push-ups

The 100 push-up program is designed to both increase upper body strength, core strength and ultimately

, enable you to crank out 100 push-ups without a break. Now that’s worthy of a crack commando in training. Being the geek that I am, I actually use my iPhone and a special application to keep track of my progress. The iPhone application essentially sets out the days exercises with each day having five sets of push-ups, each set a varying number. Obviously, the variation is designed to confuse muscles therefore promoting strength, allowing for a slight increase in the number of push-ups for the next stage in two days time.

You can see in the screenshots below, I’ve completed five days and increased the number of push-ups by 23, from 51 to 74. That might not sound like very much but the last time I was up to around 200 push ups in a set. Anyway, I’m starting it again.

small image of 100 pushups iphone app - click for larger view

( Click the above image for the larger view )

Anyone else out there in 100 push-up program or even completed one? We’d love to hear your story.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.