I get quite a few emails from people who want to know if we’ll accept guest post on Geek and Jock. And the next question is ‘what are the guest post guidelines’. To make my life easier I figured that it would be easier to write the guidelines in a post and just refer every one here.
So the answer to the first question is: Yes, I do accept guest posts. Below you will find all the details about the process.
What kind of content do you accept?
Anything that is useful for my readers is good content for a guest post here. It can be related to building relationships, sex and/or lifestyle in general, and it can also be derived from your own personal experiences.
There is no minimum length for your post, however usually the guest posts should have over 550 words so Google indexes it for authority.
It is also a good idea to search the GeekandJock archives before submitting a guest post.
If I have covered that topic in the past, there’s a good chance we won’t need a duplicate (unless you offer new insights which I’m sure you probably will).
- Readers love to hear a personal success story – not posts that read like sales copy, than anything that is a ‘connecting’ article.
- If it reads like Sales Copy or a Sales Letter style, you’ll be rejected so think before you submit.
- The best readability style is Story-telling as opposed to stating facts – people can relate far better when the story is told using a real life example. They can imagine “Oh yeah, that happens to me too” and then the remedy.
- You get what I mean?
- Could I suggest starting with a personal reflection on what you gained (what was the WOW moment), lead through why and how and end with a more verbose reflection on what you gained. Posts really do need to start telling a story, for the reader to connect.You get what I mean?
- Oh and please seriously consider making some comments and engaging with our readers – this goes towards trust and authority.
- We’d love to see you contribute a Testimonial since you deem us worthy of posting your content, you must think we’re OK for a testimonial too, huh?
We’ll Help Too As It’s a Win-Win Situation
A guest post is certainly a great win for both you and well as our site.
- We’ll give you some great tips on how to maximise your writing investment with us.
- You’ll see we will also advertise the post through our own networks of Digg, Twitter (that’s over 33,000 followers and growing), StumbleUpon as well as Technorati as well as Facebook.
- We’ll add relevent keywording for greater Google identification
- Images also increase more time on page as well as comprehension so we love to add at least a capturing image as well as a relevant video.
- We also apply ‘tried and true’ readability techniques so your guest post retains user attention span
- Your post must be original and must have never been published before on the Internet
- You agree to not publish the post anywhere else (i.e., in your own blog or as a guest post in other blogs)
- Endevour to recommend images and/or videos that can be included, to bring a better reader experience
- You can include one link in the byline, which will be displayed at the bottom of the post
- Your email address MUST be attached to a Gravatar
- If you’ve got a Google+ profile, I’m happy to include that in your Bio using rel=”author” so Google gives the author credit to you.
How do I actually go about submitting my guest post to you?
If you have a post that meets the guidelines above, you simply need to upload it at the bottom of this page.
Please do include your Author Bio in the body of the post too.
Usually within 48 hours I will reply stating if we will accept the guest post or not. If I reject your post, you are obviously free to use it in your own blog or to propose it as a guest post to some other website.
Or Are You After A Product To Be Reviewed Instead?
If you are, please do click HERE and read that page.
Add and Insert Your Guest Post Submission Here
You must be logged in and a Registered GeekandJock Site User to upload a Guest Post.
Simply select one of these Ultra-Fast Networks to create a fast account and you’ll be instantly able to submit the guest post article. So Sign-up Now.