Well, They Aren't, Are They?
How many of you thought your first serious date was with the person you’d spend the rest of your life with?
I’d bet the majority of you did.
I know my first serious girlfriend was who I’d eventually be married to but after some happy and tumultuous times, it ended.
Back in my early dating days, the split really rocked my world, to the point of contemplating ending it.
In hindsight though, that was a screwed up situation but I was young and immature to this whole relationship thing.
Here’s how I thought it would have gone and these steps follow closely to how many movie romances tend to play out:
- Boy meets girl.
- Boy asks girl out on a date.
- Boy and Girl start off with romantic ideas and angels singing in their heads.
- Boy and girl strike a ‘downer’ moment
- and the relationship seems destined for imminent breakup.
- Boy and girl rediscover each other and live happily ever after.
- The End
Nothing Could Be Further From The Truth
There’s no manual for having a successful relationship.
It’s a trial and error thing.
Hopefully we all stumble across the right person for our lives as well as understanding who they are and who we aren’t.
Real life tends to be full of ups and downs and we all know that, only too well.
Real life will continually place roadblocks in our path. So much so that many of us give up on our partners and ourselves.
We use the excuse that relationships are too hard when it is yourself that you are giving up on.
Change Your Mind and Change Your Attitude
Life isn’t a movie as much as you’d love it to be.
- Accept the failures and the triumphs of life and love.
- Learn from the good and the bad.
Life is a bunch of lessons we can use to better ourselves, after all.
And most of all, never beat yourself up as a failure becomes tomorrow’s success.
Speak Your Mind Because I Know You Have One
- Did you once believe in fairytale romance?
- What's your viewpoint now?
- Click one of the Share buttons - your friends can then enjoy this article too.
- Remember to Join Our Community too
Remember - Speak your Mind in the comments below.