It puts things into a greater perspective and allows you to gain expansive clarity on the positives in your life – as opposed to dwelling on the negatives.
We all have these undeveloped negatives in our lives but what do they earn you – bugger all, that’s what.
Gratitude Is Significant But ….
Life sometimes just gets in the way of things.
Often, you’re inundated with negatives. You probably remember negatives seem to come in waves too – there’s a reason for that.
Frustration, impatience, annoyance, anger – I’m sure you can think of more to add.
Positive vs Negative
We’re great believers in an optimistic and buoyant mindset, yet it’s a constant battle for me as well.
I’m human, just like you.
I get frustrated, just like you and I have negative thoughts, just like you.
I prefer to breathe in a positive mindset and balance, as I’m sure you do. Things get in the way and my attitude changes, without me really realising it.
I live to make my second wife, Pam Allen, happy, myself untroubled and my family delighted. Sometimes, it doesn’t work out and that’s OK too – we’re all humans. That’s one valuable take-away – allow for errors in judgement and be at peace in knowing you can (and will) achieve better results, the more you practise.
But …. we also need to look for ways to keep ourselves on track and in check.
The Trick To Keep You On Track
This might sound simplistic. It works.
The human brain operates constantly on triggers and habitual beliefs.
Here’s the trigger I want you to start using. Use it on a daily basis.
- Go grab a shiny stone – personalise it if you want but it needs to be yours
- Keep it by your bedside, in a place that you’ll always see when you first awaken
- Every morning, when you see your gratitude stone, give gratitude to what you’re thankful for
- Just start with 2 things for the first few weeks
- Add a new area that you’re grateful for each fortnight
- I’d suggest you might be best to level out at no more than 10 items as your head may well explode – when it becomes difficult to think and remember, that can be enough for the habit to cease so we want to avoid that happening
Try These Examples For A Start
- Thank you, I’m grateful to have good health
- I’m so incredibly grateful for a partner who loves me for who I am
- I couldn’t be happier knowing my beautiful wife wants to make me happy and contended
- I’m grateful in having great friends who I can trust and rely on
- ….. There are so many small, medium and large things you know you are grateful for. Get cracking on your own list.
Here’s Why You’ll Get Gratitude
On a personal level, greater positive reinforcement just makes you happy.
Personal happiness radiates like a smile does.
You’ll generally find, when you’re exuding happiness, the people around you will unconsciously respond the same. Like a pebble dropped in a pond, those happiness waves will have a domino affect and come back to increase your own levels of happiness.
Can you see where this might help your relationship?
As a couple, your partner will see visible changes in your well-being.
- They’ll be far more receptive to conversation.
- You’ll both start feeding off each others joy, in an ever increasing spiral
- More harmony in the home
- An environment worthy of two loving soul-mates
Train The Gratitude Brain
It’s a matter of continually and subtlety retraining your brain to seek what you want.
How’s Your Gratitude Going?
Speak Your Mind, With Your Opinion
Nice to see you made it to the end of the post. Here’s what you can do next:
- Do you have a gratitude regime yourself?
- Have you found you get diverted from gratitude?
- Maybe you have your own suggestions around gratitude?
- We'll be forever so grateful to hear your thoughts.
- Click a Share button – your friends can then enjoy this article too.
- Remember to Join Our Community too
Express your thoughts, in the comments below.