My Good Guy Story – Is It The Right One?
It’s a funny thing …. life.
Funny in a cruel way.
And funny in a rewarding way, if you allow yourself to look past and through life’s bullshit to the real reward.
The saying that ‘Good Guys Finish Last’ is very often true, in a business environment.
I should know as I was one of those ladder-climbers who saw an opportunity and took it – despite the repercussions to others.
I was only interested in myself and what I could get for myself.
What a dick, I was.
And the funny thing is, the majority of people that I know right now are exactly the same – greedy arseholes who, in reality, treat you like shit under their shoe.
So Be An Arsehole Then?
I’d probably still be a dick-wad, if my mind hadn’t been awoken to the real truth as to life’s purpose.
It’s not what you get but what you give.
Sounds corny but I changed my outlook on life. And as it turns out, my first wife was unable to cope with the change.
It’s understandable that so many years with the same person would cause a breakdown if I was no longer the same guy she married 25 years earlier.
So that was one of the factors that lead to the eventual demise of that marriage – that’s life, isn’t it?
But Wait, There’s More
I chose not being a Corporate Ladder Climber and to become more concerned with others and change – to be as good a man as I could be – consciously, deliberately and with purpose.
I so believe in the Law of Attraction and you get what you think and manifest as well as in Karma.
For the last few years, financially, things have been going backwards and, while I think there’s some lesson/s for me to learn in here somewhere, I buggered if I know what they are and why things are panning out.
- I maintain a positive outcome.
- I treat people the way I’d like to be treated
- I give to others without thought
- I share without expectation
Yet, life continues to deal me shit.
Maybe I should revert to being an asshole?
I Can’t and I Won’t But …
It’s a challenge sometimes and I’d love to hear your thoughts on this in the comments.
I simply can not and will not go back to those old ways.
And my intentions focus on the good stuff in life.
- My wife is so important to me
- My true friends who give without reservation (and there aren’t many of those)
- My belief that I’ll eventually learn what it is I’m suppose to
- The journey that The Universe is intent I travel
- … and at some point, my mission to eradicate premature death in 3rd World Countries will sometime materialise to me. When I’m given this ability and power is anyone’s guess.
Is It Really Worth It?
Well, in the last few days, I’ve had some doubts in myself and whether being a ‘good guy’ is all what I thought it should be cracked up to be.
In hindsight though, my mind is clear in never being concerned that I’ve damaged others in any sort of backstabbing power-play.
I’m a genuine guy with a clear conscious in all and any dealings with people I come in contact with.
That’s far more than those guys who are like the old me, isn’t it?
If the Finishing Line is anything about being a contribution to the planet’s positive existence, I’m ahead of a lot of people.
So I’m refocusing my ageing mindset back to the positive for continuing the Good Guy journey.
Speak Your Mind, With Your Opinion
Nice to see you made it to the end of the post. Here’s what you can do next:
- Do you think I’m following the wrong path?
- For that matter, have I missed something causing me to travel a wrong path?
- Click one of the Share buttons – your friends can then enjoy this article too.
And thanks for reading too – Let us know your thoughts in the comments.