Weird Things & Real Stuff
Here are ten, somewhat slightly strange things I have learned through my own dating experience or as playing wing-woman.
1. Stalking and Investigating Are Two Different Things
Everyone knows there’s a fine line between stalking and not stalking.
Driving past their house once or twice in the beginning to see if that girl is really not there is investigating.
Driving past the house 9 to 10 times a night is stalking, especially if he lives on a dead end road.
2. Facebook Is Your Best Friend
You can’t hide from Facebook.
Status, pictures, former relationships; it’s all there.
Take advantage of seeing just how many different girls show up in his Facebook pictures and on his timeline.
Note: Be careful when you post yourself.
Best friends can be backstabbers too.
3. Never Date a Guy With No Car
Unless you live in the city were having no car is normal that is.
Prince Charming should have his own ambitions and his own white stallion ride.
4. If Your Dog Don’t Like Him, Don’t You Dare!
Most dogs come with a sense we humans don’t have.
They can tell a person’s true character and just like with your human friends if your four legged best friend wants nothing to do but growl at your date you should just say goodbye.
Because your dog is not nearly as biased as your friends are.
5. If A Guy Has More Than Four Framed Pictures Of Just Himself…
I’m all for picture taking.
But if a guy has more than you do and half are of him shirtless standing in front of his bathroom mirror, there is clearly too much self-love for there to be any left for you.
6. If You Met Him At The Cop Shop Probably Not A Good Idea
If the guy’s not in uniform, this ought to be self-explanatory, especially after the second or third time.
7. Never Hit On The Best Man
Unless you’re in the wedding party trying to hit on, or take home, the best man usually isn’t a great idea.
So rein in your “I Caught the Bouquet I WILL Be Getting Married Next” hormones and sit this one out.
Or else your embarrassing and sloppy attempts at romance just might wind up permanently on a humour page of your cousins wedding album.
8. It’s A Smaller World Than You Think
Never mention names of anyone you hate, dislike, used to date, etc in your first several weeks of dating.
The world is much smaller than you think.
Somehow everyone knows or is related to that person your badmouthing.
9. Unless You’re Officially Together Never Get Drunk
No one is a pretty drunk or says or does terrific things.
Drink with modesty or have a full on clean-up crew on call.
10. When Getting Down, Put Phones Far Away
Pocket dials can happen, we all know that.
But the last thing you need is to accidentally butt dial grandma when the clothes are being shucked.
Speak Your Mind, With Your Opinion
Those were my Top 10 so here’s what you can do next:
- Has any of these happened with you too?
- What’s one other thing that’s been weird in your dating experiences?
- Click one of the Share buttons – your friends can then read this article too.
And thanks for reading too – Let us know your thoughts in the comments.