51 Things He Wishes You Knew
Here are some real-world truths for you ladies to digest.
How guys actually view the world and view our relationships with you.
51 short dot-points you need to print out, memorize, and put into action.
- I’m a human being, just like you
- I’ve got feelings too – try finding them
- You’re the only one I tell my secrets too
- I think you’re gorgeous – you should as well
- Never ask a question you don’t wish to hear the truth of
- If you think I’m a mind reader, I’m not
- As far as being romantic is concerned, I am
- Not being enthusiastic about sex equates to you not desiring me
- I have fantasies … about you
- I love your imperfections. I wouldn’t be with you otherwise
- Your happiness is always a major priority
- I sometimes need empathy, just like you
- I love seeing you naked. Leave the lights on sometimes
- Words like ‘Nothing is wrong’ just makes me frustrated
- If you need some attention and I’m overlooking it, ask for it and I’ll be there for you
- Don’t leave all the decision making to me
- You can be adventurous too
- In private, it’s ok to be uninhibited
- I love your opinions so have some
- Make an effort to discover my soft gooey center
- I like being touched
- And I love being groped
- And I really love you checking me out, with a desire
- Stop dredging up shit in the past if we’ve already talked about it
- If you have suspicions about me, ask me about them
- Stop listening to the voices in your head and listen to mine
- I like quiet meaningful conversations too
- I’ll always give you my honest opinion on what you’re wearing if you ask
- And what you’re wearing isn’t anywhere near as important as the person underneath
- I like holding hands
- I like looking at you when you’re asleep
- My biggest concern is you being safe
- Tell me your main priorities so I can understand
- Ask for mine too
- I like to actually hear you tell me what you love about me too
- You might like to ask and understand how I view love and sex
- Be honestly interested in one of my hobbies or interests
- Forget ever believing I’m likely to understand the way you think
- I might look at another woman but I’m with you
- We forget and forgive menial little things – try it
- What’s with the toilet seat? If it’s up, put it down. If it’s down, we put it up. No biggie, really.
- If you can confide in your girlfriend and not me, you’re doing it wrong
- You do know talking dirty in the bedroom is a total turn-on?
- You’re our partner because we do respect you. Why would you think any different?
- We love new experiences too. Suggest some of your own.
- Why would we really want an airhead bimbo for a partner?
- We love it when you take control of a situation. Saves us doing it and shows you’re a strong woman – refer to bimbo dot point
- You know we’re visual. Dress up and spice up our desire. You’ll thank yourself for it
- If we’re quiet, it doesn’t mean we’re having an affair. We might be just tired. Ask questions
- If we’re quiet, it might also mean we’re sexually frustrated. Find a solution and both be happy
- We don’t like all this ‘women against men’ crap. Be our best friend because we want to be yours
Speak Your Mind, and Give an Opinion
Well, there’s my neck on the line so here’s what you can do next:
- Agree or just plain pissed off with an honest list?
- What are you willing to do now?
- And if you’re a guy, what did I miss on my list?
- Click one of the Share buttons – your friends can then read this article too.
And thanks for reading too – Flame on in the comments :)
16 thoughts on “51 Things He Wishes You Knew”
i think i will copy all these and will give it to my girl friend by changing the meaning for a female
This post has reall made my day! Here are my favorite points (and the ones I need to remind myself more often as well):
I’ve got feelings too – try finding them
If you think I’m a mind reader, I’m not: AWESOME!!!!
I love seeing you naked. Leave the lights on sometimes
Words like ‘Nothing is wrong’ just makes me frustrated: ME TOO!!!
If you need some attention and I’m overlooking it, ask for it and I’ll be there for you: WHY DO I sometimes act as he should know everything?
I like being touched
And I love being groped
And I really love you checking me out, with desire
Another post that I’m so glad you enjoyed, Mariana.
At the end of the day, guys like to be wanted just like you.
They don’t want or need BS talk so just say it like is and be honest in what you say and elaborate about what you’re thinking.
We’re simple creatures, don’t you think? hahaha
Yeah, Martin! You’re right. This post reminded me of the book Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. After reading this post it made me think that perhaps men and women are not so different… we are both humans, with feelings and emotions.
This is an awesome post. I actually followed you from the post you made on http://growwithstacy.com/. I love your post and the information it has. These are the dare truth that our ladies will have to swallow. Men are also human beings with all those attributes.
Cool – I love Stacy’s site. Some truly great insights there and certainly recommended reading.
So, I’ve listed 51 things that women need to digest and understand about what guys are thinking – what were the top 5 for you?
The #6 is 110% correct. Sometimes, if not often, womens are like “Don’t do what I say, but what I ment to say.” Alright, how would we know what you would say, and not what you did? It’s quite annoying at times. With that said, nice list. Gave it a tweet :)
Hey Marc – forgot to say thanks for stopping by and making a comment, so thanks :)
Yeah, the mindreader thing still gets me haha
Thanks for the tweet too
I intended to hate this — because I usually hate such posts (and disagree with almost every point).
You proved me wrong. I agree with almost all of them. And as a woman happily married to the same (amazing) man for over 27 years, I think I’m something of an authority. :)
Welcome to you, Alison and thank you so much for a candid reply.
It’s certainly OK to disagree with anything we offer in opinion and/or advice – that’s what a non-judgemental site is about.
Even better that I hit the majority of points correctly, from a woman’s point of view. At least I’m learning some of the right things :)
So now the question to you. Which ones didn’t you agree on. Those are the ones I’m more interested in knowing about and why you don’t agree too, if that’s OK to ask. Respect your reply.
I loved 13, 26 and 39. Notice any pattern? I then looked for a just as good 52!
Haha. I couldn’t find one, so I’ll just try adding one and you’ll tell me if I’m on the right path.
52. Be feminine. Abandon yourself into the world we create for ourselves, and forget about everything else.
Add 13, 26 and 52 together, and you’ll likely have some of your best time (with the right guy).
I could probably expand this into a thousand word article explaining what I mean. Being feminine is just too complex of a subject to cover in a comment! It’s just like the “be yourself” tip, it can be misinterpreted in many ways! :)
Ha so I got you stumped, hey, Andrew? :)
Yeah it’s about keeping your space and remaining true to who you are, I think.
As guys and gals, society places all this crap on us to be something we aren’t. I love being a guy, for all my failings. I also love being with a woman who can be a woman and not something she’s been told she should be like.
Own your power, respect another’s power and act in harmony. It seldom happens which is a sad reflection on us as humans.
Oh, if you’d like to expand in a guest post, we’d welcome you with open arms, mate.
I was thinking the same thing that your first commenter mentioned. How did you think up all these things. I like the one about dressing up and looking good for my partner. I sometimes fail in this respect because I can get lazy. Thanks for reminding me.
I just met someone last year (our anniversary will be in May), and he is an awesome person. One of the things I love about him is his ability to talk about any issues that arise and to give me feedback. We work through any difficulties (not always easy, but we’re committed to each other), because life is just to short to worry about what will keep us apart. We are both searching and applying how we can stay together.
At 60+ years, I think I’m finally in love for the first time in my life and really have an understanding on how to keep it moving forward. Great post, Martin! Sally
Well, a huge huge welcome back, Sally.
Fills my heart with utter joy that you’ve met ‘your guy’. Age doesn’t come into the equation. Gaining that level of love is worth the pain and past heartache, if you ask me.
And all those 51 things come from my own historical experiences so I’ll wager the majority of them hold true for most guys. A great little roadmap for the ladies, if you ask me.
Now tell me, where did you meet Mr Right?
It must have taken quite some time and deep thought to come up with these 51 action points which looks like a comprehensive manual – it’s genious and I love it! My lips are sealed, adding anything to this list would be taking away from it.
Haha thanks for your first visit and comment.
Well, they didn’t take all that long at all to write down. I closed my eyes and write from history.
Which one resonates with you the most though?